thu14apr08:0010:00Doing Business in China: How do You Handle the Request For Kick-backs08:00 - 10:00 GMT +8 Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, 500 Wei Hai Road, Shanghai, 200041, China Event Organized By: Swedish Chamber of Commerce Shanghai Country:ChinaCity:Shanghai
Chamber Breakfast: While most companies have compliance policies, not all Chinese staff buy into and adhere to those policies. The key reason being many people could not figure out how
Chamber Breakfast: While most companies have compliance policies, not all Chinese staff buy into and adhere to those policies. The key reason being many people could not figure out how they could be compliant and still win business contracts and meet their business targets. Hence, this breakfast session tackles the issues how international companies and businesses can handle requests for kick-backs and other unreasonable demands, AND STILL able to do business in China.
08:00 – 08:30 Registration and breakfast
08:30 – 09:30 Presentation
09:30 – 10:00 Q&A
• Understanding the mindset of a corrupt customer: what else do they want besides the kick-back?
• Are you dealing with a corrupt organization?
• Handling the request for kick-back: diverting their attention to something even more important to them
• Cultivating your network and relationships: not everyone in your customer’s organization approves or condone non-compliant practices
Who Should Attend?
• General and senior managers of international companies;
• Compliance and legal departments
• Sales people and managers
About the Speaker: c.j. Ng
c.j. is the world-class leadership, sales and experiential learning consultant who have helped international companies achieve quantum improvements in China and beyond. c.j. has helped:
– International companies such as UPM, Armocon, Fiat-Chrysler, to enhance their leadership and sales performance in China.
– Global industrial giants such as Schneider Electric, Evonik and TE to help their sales and marketing leaders map their sales and marketing strategies
– Leading pharmaceutical companies such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Roche and Pfizer to improve their senior managers’ leadership skills so as to excite their people to exceptional performance
Prior to being a consultant in China, c.j. was Asia Marketing Manager for a Fortune 500 logistics company, as well as Corporate Training Director for Ringier AG, Switzerland’s largest media group. Prior to coming to China from his native Singapore, c.j. was had successfully started an eBusiness enabling platform that have helped more than 70 traditional business enterprises leverage the power of the Internet to grow their businesses. His diverse experience in different functional roles from sales and marketing to human resources to senior management, as well in different corporate cultures allows him to provide otherwise hidden insights to his clients.
In the mean time, many other prominent companies have also engaged c.j. for help, including Daimler, BMW, Carrier, Ingersoll Rand, Philips Lighting, Saint Gobain, Sabic, Axalta, Wacker, ESK, ABB and many more.
c.j. is a bilingual business advisor in English and Mandarin, and has conducted Mandarin training, coaching and consulting projects for audiences in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and the People’s Republic of China.
c.j. is a certified consultant with Berlitz TMC Cultural Orientations Indicator (COI), and a certified facilitator with Belbin Team Roles. He is also the Master Trainer for Leadership IQ in Asia.
Click on link under ‘learn more’ below for booking!
(Thursday) 08:00 - 10:00 GMT +8
Swedish Chamber of Commerce Shanghai16F, Venturetech Plaza, 819 West Nanjing Road, Shanghai, 200041