tue16aug08:0017:00ECCP: Housing Solutions Congress08:00 - 17:00 SMX, Mall of Asia, Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines Event Organized By: European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines Country:Philippines
Date: 16 August 2016 Time: 8AM - 5PM Venue: SMX, Mall of Asia, Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines IMF’s Regional Economic Outlook for Asia and the Pacific, projected the Philippines to lead
Date: 16 August 2016
Time: 8AM – 5PM
Venue: SMX, Mall of Asia, Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines
IMF’s Regional Economic Outlook for Asia and the Pacific, projected the Philippines to lead Southeast Asian countries achieve real GDP growths of 6% for 2016 and 6.2% in 2017 significantly ahead of Indonesia and Malaysia. The favorable economic forecasts are expected to induce rapid urbanization while the country’s population significantly increases at a rate of 1.9% annually (PSA).
In line with the Chamber’s advocacy on “Building Sustainable Communities,” the “Sustainable & Green Housing Congress,” will gather the public and private sector housing stakeholders to discuss and propose improved policies, measures, programs, and even necessary legislations to address the expected housing backlog of 5.7M in 2016 and is expected to worsen to 6.5M in 2030 (based on HUDCC and SHDA figures).
There is more to building houses in addressing the backlog, it is equally important to promote the utilization of green construction materials consistent with the Philippines signing the Paris Climate Accord. Socialized housing should not only be resilient to climate change but must also provide the comfort and energy savings to the beneficiaries.
The event intends to showcase innovative, indigenous and green construction materials, technologies, and solutions by local and international companies for houses to resilient, comfortable and environmentally friendly. We would also like to feature model housing communities that provide not only affordable housing units but make livelihood and employment, education for children accessible.
Recognizing the financial difficulties of many low income families in availing of housing units, the event also intends to promote housing finance facilities not only through government financing institutions, SSS, GSIS, and other private banks but also through micro-financing.
The European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines recognizes that the strategies and solutions require greater participation not only by the key shelter agencies but by the private sector through housing organizations, developers, civil society groups, academic and research institutions. We recognize the vital role and support that LGUs provide in building housing communities. We will also invite international development organizations concerned with sustainable housing development.
We call on all housing stakeholders in furthering efforts and commitment to resolve the housing backlog and promote green construction materials.
Sustainable & Green Housing Congress 2016 convenes a multi-sectoral dialogue among stakeholders of the housing sector in addressing the projected increasing housing backlog and promoting the use of green and innovative construction materials highlighted at the exhibition.
- Conference through panel discussions with key housing sector stakeholders to share plans, programs, innovative solutions, and best practices hopefully to work for a common action
- Exhibition to showcase green and innovative construction materials, solutions, and systems, model socialized or mass housing communities in different localities, green structures and buildings of developers
- Technical presentations to share green and innovative construction materials, solutions, and systems
- Business to business networking meetings to facilitate business cooperation, opportunities and partnerships among housing stakeholders
- To strengthen the consciousness, involvement and participation of the private sector in assisting government significantly reduce the housing backlog
- To help develop policy measures and legislations that will facilitate the construction of more socialized and mass housing communities through greater accessibility in microfinancing facilities
- To help promote the use of green and innovative construction materials, technologies, solutions, and systems that will not only provide comfortable living conditions but also reduce energy consumption and the impact of climate change.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND PARTICIPANTS
We are expecting 300 delegates from the government key shelter agencies such as HUDCC, NHA, SHFC, Pag-ibig Fund, HGC, HLURB, and NHMFC, local government units with housing communities, non-government organizations, academic and research institutions, architectural organizations, urban planners, private developers, producers and distributors of green and innovative construction materials, microfinancing banking institutions, and international organizations.
You may call Mr. Alfonso Nonoy Alba at Telephone Numbers (+632) 856.3405 / 785.5462 / 845.1324 local 250 / 222 / 240. If you need to reach us by FAX, our numbers are (+632) 759.6690 and 845.1395. To reach us through e-mail, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Tuesday) 08:00 - 17:00
SMX, Mall of Asia, Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines
European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines