tue08dec08:0010:00Swiss Post Solutions - Combining the physical and digital worlds through Intelligent Automation08:00 - 10:00 UBS AG Office, One Raffles Quay1, #49-01 North Tower, Singapore 048583 Event Organized By: DABS - Danish Business Association Singapore Country:SingaporeCity:Singapore
Date of Event: Tue, 8th-Dec-2015 08:00 - 08.30 am Registration & Welcome Coffee 08:30 - 08.40 am Welcome Address 08:40 - 09.30 am Presentation 09:30 -
|Date of Event: Tue, 8th-Dec-2015
08:00 – 08.30 am Registration & Welcome Coffee
UBS AG Office, One Raffles Quay1, #49-01 North Tower, Singapore 048583
First 2 attendees per SBA Members are free as usual. Any additional member guest will be charged SGD 80.00
Non-Members Fee: SGD 90.00,for registration please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (can be paid cash or by cheque at the entrance)
Please Note: No-shows will be charged, SGD 80.00
Cancellations can be done up to 24h before the event by sending an email to: email@example.com or call: 9181 6608
“Please be informed that photos and/or videos will be taken during the event, which might be published on our website, in newsletters and printed publications. With registration to the event you consent to the same”
|Speaker: Joerg Vollmer, CEO of Swiss Post Solutions (SPS) and a member of Swiss Post Group’s Executive Management.
Swiss Post Solutions: Intelligent Automation: connecting the physical and digital worlds
One of the most consistent patterns in business is the failure of leading companies to stay at the top of their industries when technologies or markets change. Here are a few examples of disruptive technologies:
• Cell phones made it possible for people to call us anywhere and disrupted the telecom industry.
• Smartphones largely replaced cell phones and PDAs and, because of the available apps, also disrupted: pocket cameras, MP3 players, calculators and GPS devices, among many other possibilities.
• Cloud Computing has been a hugely disruptive technology in the business world, displacing many resources that would conventionally have been located in-house or provided as a traditionally hosted service. • Social networking has had a major impact on the way we communicate and – especially for personal use – disrupting telephone, email, instant messaging and event planning.
• The continued evolution of fully self-driving or “autonomous” vehicles is a matter of time. The technology and cost for autonomous vehicles are almost ready for the mass market—with the real hold up being the regulators, who barely know how to begin rethinking a hundred years of safety, insurance, and traffic laws.
• Industrial 3D printers have long been used to create manufacturing prototypes, but up until now the disruptive applications to go along with the rapid decline in price for the key components haven’t been obvious. Now the devices are increasingly being used for remote, just-in-time manufacturing and printing more sophisticated designs including customized prosthesis and 3D printed fashion.
• Intelligent Automation will seriously impact existing business models in the next couple of years. It can sense and synthesize vast amounts of information and can automate entire processes or workflows, learning and adapting as they go.
Swiss Post Solutions (SPS), a leading outsourcing provider for business processes solutions and innovative services in document management, is at the forefront of Intelligent Automation and uses this disruptive technology to unlock value for numerous international clients. These clients have highly standardized processes in workflow and business operations and rely on SPS’ ability to envision, design and build end-to-end solutions and to be its trusted advisor for the key value drivers in BPO: location strategy, process optimization and technology such as Intelligent Automation. SPS makes it easier for them to operate in today’s complex environment, giving them greater scope to succeed.
(Tuesday) 08:00 - 10:00
UBS AG Office
One Raffles Quay1, #49-01 North Tower, Singapore 048583
DABS - Danish Business Association Singaporedabs@dabs-singapore.com