Danish Tourist Dies In Phuket Of Suspected Pain Killer Overdose

A Danish man, Kenneth Schou Rodnes, 37, was found dead in his bed Thursday, April 17, 2008 at a resort in Patong Beach Phuket. Police suspect Mr. Rodnes died around 8 pm on Tuesday from an accidental overdose of pain killers taken for a severe headache.
Mr Rodnes and a Thai woman, who identified herself as his wife, checked into their room at Delight Village about 10 days earlier. The woman then returned to her native Udon Thani for the Songkran holiday, leaving him to stay there alone.
The woman told police, that she called Mr Rodnes at 6 pm on Monday, when he told her, he was suffering from a bad headache and needed to sleep. On her return, she discovered Mr Rodnes dead inn the room.
He’s’ body has been sent to Patong Hospital for examination to reveal the exact cause of death. However, police found no evidence suggesting foul play
The police declined to name the woman, but said that she claimed to be legally married abroad to Mr Rodnes.
Danish Honorary Consul in Phuket, Kenneth Karlsson said he was unsure how long Mr Rodnes had been in Thailand, but suspected he may have been a long-term resident.
Mr Rodnes’ family in Denmark had been notified, he said, adding that they do not plan to travel to Thailand to claim the body and have requested his remains be returned to Denmark.


 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *