IKEA recalls wall-mounted lamps due to strangulation hazard

IKEA urges all customers that have an IKEA SMILA wall mounted lamp to check immediately that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children when in a cot or playpen. Ensure that the cord is securely fastened to the wall as loose lamp cords can present a strangulation hazard to infants and young children.ikea_smila

IKEA has received a report of a tragic accident in Scotland, where an infant in a cot died after getting entangled with the cord of a SMILA wall mounted lamp. No reports of injury have been received in Thailand.

Customers are asked to proceed to the Exchange & Returns department or call Customer Services at 02-708-7999 Ext 4004. to receive a repair kit free of charge containing a warning label, safety instructions and self-adhesive fasteners for fixing the lamp cord to the wall.

IKEA reminds customers that any corded product such as a window covering or blind can present a strangulation hazard. Accessible cords should always be kept out of reach of young children.

IKEA apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *