Last year, Berli Jucker Public Co. Ltd. celebrated its 120th anniversary. This was also the first year under the new owners of Khun Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi of T.C.C. Group, the well known whiskey, beer and property tycoon.
Among the many business partners of the highly diversified Group, there are several Danish companies like Danisco food ingredients, Fibertex geotextiles, Esco-Graphics copy dot scanners, PBN Medicals medical devices and Green City Denmark environmental projects. The latest addition to this list is Imacon scanners.
Two of the managers within the Group are likewise Danish.
The highest placed is Peter E. Romhild, Executive Vice President with responsibilities for the Technical/Industrial and Construction/Engineering Groups. Mr. Romhild is also currently member of the Board of Directors of Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce. The other Danish BJC manager is Morten P. Porsild, Managing Director of BJC Specialties.
“BJC is indeed a rather diversified company, yet we are focused on individual business segments with very clear strategies for each,” Mr. Romhild says.
Under the new owners it is the intention to further strengthen the individual businesses and also to add more synergistic products and companies under the BJC umbrella.
“BJC was not strategic to the previous owners, but now under Khun Charoen it is the intention to expand in all business segments,” adds Khun Thirasakdi Nathicanchanalab, President of BJC
“In this expansion, BJC will become more of a holding company, driving forward the four core Business Groups: Packaging, Consumer, Industrial/Technical and Construction/Engineering.”
“BJC Consumer already exports a number of our own brands of Cellox tissue and Parrot soaps, and expansion of exports and regional establishment of offices are a priority.”
“BJC is also expanding its logistics and information technology products through BJC Logistics and TCC Technology. For BJC we expect strong growth in the next coming years both in terms of sales and profits” says Khun Thirasakdi.
“We are a partnership company and enjoy very much the link also with Danish companies and their technical know-how,” Khun Thirasakdi adds.
Facts about Berli Jucker Public Co., Ltd.
• Berli Jucker Public Co. Ltd. is one of the most respected companies in Thailand, with a diversity of solid businesses.
• BJC is the largest producer of glass containers in South East Asia through Thai Glass Industries Pcl. and also has a joint venture in plastic container packaging for the food and personal care industry.
• BJC Cellox is the largest producer of tissue paper in Thailand, with significant export regionally.
• BJC Foods is a major producer and distributor of own brands of amongst others potato chips, Tasto, and ricecrackers Doso.
• Rubia Industries produces BJC’s personal care products like Parrot soap, and also contract manufacturing for many leading international companies.
• BJC Marketing is a distributor of food services and third party consumer goods.
• BJC Trading is a major importer and distributor of pharmaceutical, healthcare and hospital supplies in its Medical Divisions; consumer & professional imaging, graphics systems and medical and technical imaging products under its Imaging Divisions and tableware and stationery products under its Stationery Divisions.
• BJC Specialties is a leading distributor of industrial and food ingredients, and also the largest distributor of bakery ingredients in Thailand. Berli Asiatic Soda Co. is a joint venture with EAC in marketing of soda ash for the glass container industries.
• Thai Scandic Steel is the largest producer in Thailand of galvanized steel towers. The plant in Rayong is amongst others supplying EGAT for the electrification of Thailand and Laos and also export to many countries in Asia and Africa.
• BJC Engineering is a systems-integrator and supplier of materials handling, automation & control and various industrial products. The newly established BJC Environment is also now entering into consultancy and supply of cleaner technology.
For more information on BJC please go to their website: http://www.bjc.to.th.