EU-Thailand-Malaysia Matchmaking Conference 2007 Between European And Asian Companies And Experts Active In Prevention And Care Of Lifestyle-Related, Non-Communicable Diseases.
Finpro and the European Union has started a project to foster the political and economic presence of the European Union in Thailand and Malaysia in the field of prevention and care of lifestyle-related non-communicable diseases (NCD), to create awareness in South-East-Asia for existing EU knowledge, technologies and services and to accelerate the implementation of IT tools and services within this healthcare sector.
Three partner organizations Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, Germany, Office of Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion (OSMEP), Thailand and EU-Malaysia-Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI), Malaysia as well as expert organizations support the project.
The whole project has duration of 18 months, structured in 4 phases. The most important parts are
- Market evaluation in Thailand and Malaysia in respect of the named diseases
- Familiarization of Asian healthcare experts with an EU â€œBest Practice Caseâ€ in Finland (North Karelia Project)
- Matchmaking event in Bangkok, Thailand on September, 10 â€“ 11, 2007 in combination to HospiMedica 2007
- Follow-up measures for the participating companies
We invite especially SMEs in Finland, Germany, Thailand and Malaysia with an offering mentioned below and business interest in South-East-Asia to join the project:
- treatment tools
- functional and health food, food supplements
- training devices
- IT-related products and services to manage the care process
- educational tools and consulting
- health service provider and media services
For more detailed information, please contact:
Christine Grumbach, christine.grumbach(a)finpro.fi or visit our project webpage.