The Danish PM Lars Lokke Rasmussen visits Singapore, Japan, and South Korea from the 5th-12th March.
The mission is firstly to strengthen and consolidate relations with three countries that have growing strategic importance for Denmark.
The Prime Minister will meet Japan’s Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak to a discussion of key political and economic issues.
The trip’s second purpose is to provide an international perspective on the work of the Danish growth forum and the 360-degree inspection of the Danish school, initiated by the government. Green development and education is thus main themes of the trip.
The third purpose is to discuss prospects for trade, investment and research collaborations. The Prime Minister in Japan and South Korea accompanied by a business delegation comprising representatives from the leading Danish companies in the environmental, energy, biotech, pharma, and representatives from Danish universities and business organizations. In Japan, there will also be participation of representatives from the Danish food industry.
Statements made by the Danish Prime Minister
“I look forward to the discussions in Japan and South Korea, where I expect the focus on economic growth, climate policy and foreign and security policy issues,” states the Danish PM, Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
“I expect the trip to Singapore, Japan and South Korea will provide inspiration to the work of government Vækstforum, including in education. Education is arguably the most important long term growth investment at all. This confirms the three countries’ successful growth strategies since World War II,” he said and continued:
“The travel will also help to open doors for Danish industry. Danish companies have much to offer, not least in green solutions.
Lars Lokke’s Schedule
The plan of the visit is not yet final, but the following program elements include.
Friday 5th March
– Arrival in Singapore
– Discussion of Singapore’s growth strategy with representatives from Singapore’s growth forum and think-tanks
Saturday 6th March
– Meeting with President of Singapore’s growth forum, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam – Meeting with a group of Danish business leaders
– Exchange of experience on elementary education
– Commemorating the establishment of the Danish-Singapore water research centre
Sunday 7th March
– Departure to Tokyo
– Arrival in Tokyo
– Event with members of the Danish Chamber of Commerce
Monday 8th March
– Meeting with top executives from international companies in Japan
– Company visits
– Dialogue with senior executives from the pharmaceutical / biotech companies
– Company visits
– Meeting the Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
– Press Conference with Danish and Japanese press
– Danish food drive
Tuesday 9th March 2010
– Company visits
– Discussion with executives from cleantech sector
Wednesday 10th March 2010
– Departure Tokyo
– Arrival Seoul
– Visit by the demilitarized zone
– Danish-Korean reception
Thursday 11th March 2010
– Meeting with President Lee Myung-bak
– Press conference with Danish and South Korean press
– Dialogue with President Lee’s committees for the National Future & Vision and Green Growth
– Visiting at Research Centre
– Dinner with President Lee
Friday the 12th March
– Visit to primary school
– Departure to Copenhagen
Partly translated by Google Translate