Text and Photo by The Royal Embassy of Sweden in China
As the first country in the world Sweden is launching an official website all in Chinese. At Sweden.cn you will be able to listen to popular Swedish music, learn more about Sweden and read frequently updated news from Sweden. The website will be launched on May 15.
In the spring of 1950 Sweden was the first Western country to sign an agreement on diplomatic cooperation with the People’s Republic of China. Today, 60 years later, Sweden is the first nation to create an electronic gateway entirely adapted to the Chinese audience.
This is not just a translation of our original webpage www.sweden.se, but based on an entirely new concept. Our aim is to provide the information about Sweden that people in China are looking for. We hope to engage the Chinese public and create an interest for Sweden and the Swedish way of life.
On the website you will be able to:
– Listen to Swedish music streamed directly to your computer
– Read Swedish News by The Local, in Chinese
– Take part of travel stories by Chinese visitors to Sweden
– Follow blogs by Chinese people studying in Sweden
– Find information about studying, travelling, working and doing business in Sweden – Including visa information.
– Learn more about Swedish designers, fashion icons, sportspeople, universities, recipes, inventions, traditions and places to visit
– Share articles with friends on social media sites Douban, Kaixin001 and Renren
Sweden.cn is a cooperation project between The Swedish Institute and the Committee for Sweden’s participation in Expo 2010 in Shanghai