The Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam is pleased to invite all to the Danish Film Week 2019.These films are among the best Danish contemporary films that were nominated and won international awards at prestigious film festivals such as the Cannes Film Festival, Academy Awards, Danish Film Academy, Danish Film Critics Association as well as European Film Awards.
These high quality movies will give you a glimpse of the Danish modern society and film industry. The movies are Land of Mine, The Hunt, A Hijacking, Long Story Short, Key House Mirror, Across the Waters. Some of the actors are familiar faces like Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen in “The Hunt” who previously played parts in American Blockbuster movies like King Arthur in 2004, Casino Royale and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
The Danish Film Week is happening from 26 October – 1 November 2019.
The opening ceremony begin in October 26 and in HCM City’s Cinestar 135, Hai Bà Trưng Street, District 1, and in October 27, 8pm at Hà Nội’s National Film Centre at 87, Láng Hạ Street
Apart from The Hunt and A Hijacking, all selected films will be screen for the first time in Vietnam, in original soundtrack with subtitled in Vietnamese and English.
- Saturday 26 October 2019 Land of Mine – Martin Zandvliet Movie (HANOI) 8pm.
- Sunday 27 October 2019 The Hunt – Mad Mikkelsen Movie (HANOI) / 8pm.
- Monday 28 October 2019 The Hunt – Mad Mikkelsen Movie (HO CHI MINH) / 8pm.
A Hijacking – Tobias Lindholm Movie (HANOI) / 8pm.
- Tuesday 29 October 2019 Long story short – May-el Thoukey Movie (HANOI) / 8pm
Long Story Short- May-el Thoukey Movie ( HO CHI MINH) 8pm.
- Wednesday 30 October 2019 Key House Mirror- Michael Nuer Movie (HANOI) 8pm.
A Hijacking – Tobias Lindholm Movie (HO CHI MINH) 8pm.
- Thursday 31 October 2019 Across the waters- Nicolo Donato Movie (HANOI) 8pm
Key House Mirror- Michael Nuer Movie (HO CHI MINH) 8pm.
- Friday 1 November 2019 Across the waters- Nicolo Donato Movie (HO CHI MINH) 8pm
“The film week will further mutual understanding between Danish and Vietnamese people,” says Nguyễn Kim Quy, senior Communication and Culture manager at the Danish embassy.
“We hope that through the Danish films Vietnamese people will get to know more about the Danish culture, country and people.”
Tickets are available at no cost and distributed on a first come first serve basis.
To reserve your seats, tickets are available at the Danish Embassy in Hanoi, level 7th, BIDV Tower, no. 194 Tran Quang Khai, Hanoi or Ơ Kìa Hà Nội, 639/39/39 Hoàng Hoa Thám or Ơ Kìa Hà Nội Art Space 360 Đê La Thành