The Norwegian Red Cross (Nor Cross) announced on 18 September 2020 that they are looking for a Health Delegate officer in Myanmar. Their statement said:
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
Established in 1937, Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is the leading and oldest humanitarian organization in Myanmar. Norwegian Red Cross has been present in Myanmar since 2013. It has been working closely with MRCS to enhance organizational capacity, providing quality services to the most vulnerable communities in the fields of primary healthcare services, first aid and safety, community-based health, sexual and gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health, water, sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
Country Technical Health Delegate in Myanmar
The purpose of the Health Delegate position is to use specific technical competencies to ensure
that Norwegian Red Cross supported projects through the MRCS are designed and implemented according to established technical standards and best practices.
Three strategic objectives for the position:
· Ensures that Norwegian Red Cross supported projects in relevant discipline are designed and implemented in line with established technical standards and project management methodologies
· Trains and coaches Host National Society teams in thematic frameworks and relevant technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
· Contributes proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalized technical standards in relevant areas.
· The delegate will be embedded in the MRCS in Sittwe and is responsible to manage trilateral operational relationship between MRCS, ICRC and NorCross as per the Coordinated Activities Agreement
· Regularly travels to operational hubs and sites in Rakhine for monitoring of program activities
· Support other Norwegian Red Cross health programmes in Myanmar, needs assessments, monitoring and other operational requirements
· The delegate may be required to deputize for the Country Program Manager if necessary.
We seek a person who;
· is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
· builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
· quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements
· communicate in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
· understands the organizations informal rules and structure and utilizes internal processes effectively to get things done
· demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area and participates in continuous development
· University Degree in health-related discipline.
· At least 5 years working experience relevant for health implementations
· At least 3 years’ experience in migration and/or disaster context
· Preferably project management experience in humanitarian projects
· Fluency in English in required.
· International driving licence (manual gear) is required.
Country Programme Manager, Myanmar
Position is based in:
’24 months’ contract, possible with extension
Why should you apply?
Meaningful: You will be a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.
For interested candidate, please apply here