Finnish Tourism to Increased 29 %

Based on The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)’s 2006 statistics, the number of tourists from the new target markets has increased by more than 20% from 2005.
Arrivals from Eastern Europe were up more than 50% in 2006 to 110,113. Visitors from the Middle East rose 34% to 392,416, South African arrivals were up 29% to 110,511 and Finnish tourism increased 29% to 110,502.
Flights to and from Finland are to double from once a day in July. Flights from the United Arab Emirates would increase to five per week from two now. Other markets will follow suit.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to promote the country in new markets from the Middle East to South America to dramatically increase tourist arrivals next year, said governor Phornsiri Manoharn.
The agency intends to set aside 30% of its budget and human resources to stage activities in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, South Africa, South America and Europe. The remaining 70% would be used to promote tourism in major Asian markets.
”The TAT’s promotional campaigns in those markets have started from this year, and we expect they will bear fruit by next year,” she said.
Ms Phornsiri said the marketing plan included re-routing air services to facilitate visitors, such as offering direct or more frequent flights. The agency is talking to Thai Airways International about adjusting its flight schedules to match demand in each destination.
The agency has authorised its existing 18 overseas offices to expand the promotional campaign to the new markets. At the same time, it has established three new offices: Moscow, Ho Chi Minh and Dubai.
Mrs Phornsiri said the agency had invited buyers from the new markets to join Thailand Travel Mart (TTM) 2007, and the Thailand Tourism Festival (TTF) 2007.
The four-day TTM will take place at Impact Muang Thong Thani from June 7-10. More than 600 local and international buyers and sellers plan to participate. The TAT expects 500,000 people to attend.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *