Finland once again attended Educa 2017 in Bangkok Thailand, with EduCluster Finland exhibiting and Finland hosting a Special Seminar on the topic: ‘Change is possible’ – Through Finnish Innovations in Pedagogy.
Topics within the seminar, held on 17 October, were:
- ‘Finnish Teacher Education and Training in the ThaiContext’ with Lead Expert Tiina Malste from Educluster and a panel discussion on how Thai educational institutes have applied Finnish model in their institutes
- ‘Innovation in Education and Pedagogical Leadership’ by University of Helsinki
Director, Head of Transnational Operations Dr. Jan-Markus Holm and Head of Transnational Education Dr. Kirsi Kettula, University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education HY+
- ‘How to use digital tools as part of kindergarten learning methdologies’ by Toby Murray from Fun Academy
- ‘Finnish-Thai Cultural Differences in Education and Adaptation’ with Independent Scholar, Kunthida Rungruenkiat
EduCluster Finland is an expert organisation creating educational excellence. The Finnish education system is renowned for its quality, efficiency, and equality. EduCluster Finland crafts this know-how into tailored solutions, designed and implemented in collaboration with partners and Finnish experts to enable competence building.
ECF operates in the fields of education system reform, quality assessment and performance development, professional development and teacher training, as well as supporting employability by vocational and higher education. They also provide short-term insights into the Finnish education system.
The approach builds on careful analysis and understanding of client needs to provide tailor-made solutions. These range from short- and long-term professional development programmes to support for education systems development, as well as vocational qualifications and Master’s degree programmes in education.
Success stories from numerous partners showcase sustainable outcomes created in cooperation with ECF, for example:
• creating and implementing a Finnish Entrepreneurship Training Programme for the Shanghai Commercial and Accounting School (China)
• fostering a long-term partnership in teacher training and educational leadership with the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (China)
• conducting a three-phase teachers’ professional development programme focused on phenomenon-based teaching and learning with Kasetsart University in Bangkok (Thailand)
Sources: Educa, EduCluster Finland, Embassy of Finland in Bangkok