The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand(CAAT) published another air border restriction announcement due to Covid-19 pandemic on 29 June 2020.
The majority details remain the same as the first temporary ban on international flights announced on 3 April 2020, but some foreigners are now excempted from the ban:
- Foreigners with a Thai spouse or Thai parents or Thai children in Thailand;
- Foreigners with a certificate of residence;
- Foreigners with a work permit and their family;
- Foreign students admitted to an educational institution in Thailand, including guardians;
- Foreigners in need of medical treatment and their attendants;
- Diplomats and similar by invitation
All of them will have to get a permit from nearest Thai embassy or consulate and upon arrival go into 14 days quarantine.
The statement said:
The Notification on Conditions for International Flight Permit to Thailand
In reference to the previous notifications of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand issued since 3 April 2020 imposing temporary ban on all international flights entering Thailand for the prevention and control of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID – 19) Pandemic,
As the present situation of COVID–19 in many foreign countries remains severe, it is necessary to impose measures to restrict the travel to the Kingdom of Thailand in accordance with the screening capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers in order to efficiently control and prevent the new epidemic in the Kingdom.
By virtue of Section 27 and 28 of the Air Navigation Act B.E. 2497, the Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand hereby issues the notification on the conditions for permitting aircrafts to fly over, fly into or out of, and take off or land in the Kingdom as follows:
1. The following aircraft will be allowed to fly over, fly into or out of, and take off from or land at an international airport in the Kingdom when permit is given by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand:
State or military aircraft
Emergency landing flights
Technical landing flights without disembarkation
Humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights
2. Permit for passenger aircraft will be given by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand for flying over, flying into or out of, and taking off or landing at an international airport in the Kingdom only if the passengers or persons on board are one of the following categories:
- Thai nationals
- Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, as necessary. Such consideration, permission or invitation may be subject to specified conditions and time limits.
- Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national.
- Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom.
- Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid work permit or are allowed to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children.
- Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.
- Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specified date and time for return.
- Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students.
- Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their attendants. However, this shall not include medical treatment for COVID–19.
- Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government representatives, foreign government agencies working in Thailand, or individual in other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children.
- Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.
3. Aircraft and passengers or persons entering the Kingdom under No.2 must comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation in force, for prevention of the disease and the organization of the number of persons entering Thailand in accordance with the screening capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers, and the arrangement of quarantine facilities.
This notification shall be effective from 1 July 2020, 00:01 Thailand time onwards.
Issued on 29 June 2020