Survivors, relatives of the victims and government officials on Sunday marked the sixth anniversary of the deadly bombings on the Indonesian resort island of Bali by Islamic extremists.
Indonesian prosecutors had earlier put plans on hold to execute the bombers before the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on September, citing bureaucratic delays.
Lars Bergander, a Swedish man whose teenager daughter was killed said he eagerly awaited the execution.
“I’m glad that your government managed to arrest the terrorists. But I don’t understand why they postponed the execution from time to time,” he told AFP.
The bombers, who have shown no regret for the attacks, promised last week “retribution” if they were executed.