Finnish Business Council Shanghai (FBCS) held its Annual General Meeting 2013 on March 27. The AGM approved the board’s proposal for the board of directors for the 2013-14 term.
The new composition of the board is listed below.
• Mr. Markku Hakala, Outotec China – Chairman
• Mr. Timo Laurila, MPS China – Vice Chairman
• Mr. Matti Järvinen, SKS China – Treasurer
• Mr. Kari Anttila, Project Expeditors
• Mr. Kari Pessa, Handelsbanken
• Mr. Raul Ikonen, UPM China
• Mr. Jouni Lemmetti, AGCO Genpowex
• Mr. Mauri Torikka, Merima China
• Mr. Wangqiu Song, Stora Enso China
• Mr. Nalle Stenman, Metso China
• Ms. Kalle Mäkinen, SEB
• Ms. Laura Vuorenrinne, L-Fashion Group
Ms. Bo Qin was appointed as secretary of the board.
Furthermore, the AGM decided to approve the board’s proposal of maintaining the structure for the annual membership fee as previously. The membership fees for the 2013-14 term are listed below.
• Large Companies: CNY 6000,- per year.
• Small and Mid-sized companies: CNY 3000,- per year.
• Individuals: CNY 800,- per year.
The definition of a large company is to be either stock exchange-listed, or have over 1000 employees globally. If a company does not have operations within Shanghai it will be counted as an SME. In unclear cases the board will have the final decision.
The 2013-14 term will start immediately. The annual fee can be paid at the FBCS office or at any FBCS event. Members will be sent further information in April.
In a meeting held directly after the AGM, the newly elected board also appointed Mr. Oskar Helling as Executive Director of FBCS, to be in charge of representing and developing the business council. Ms. Bo Qin was appointed as Operations Manager.